Accreditation and Approvals
The Center for Massage & Natural Health proud to be a fully accredited massage school. We are accredited by COMTA (Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation and approved by the U.S. Department of Education as a Title IV school.
Please click on the links below to learn about our accreditation and approvals, and how they benefit you as a student and graduate.
- U.S. Department of Education
- NC Board of Massage
- National Certification Board
- Veterans Benefits
- Foreign Students
- Additional Credentials
COMTA is recognized by the United States Department of Education which enabled us to become an approved Title IV school, allowing for Federal Financial Aid for our students.
Students often think about important questions like:
• Is this massage school a really good one?
• How skilled are their instructors?
• Is this a financially stable school that won’t go under half way through my education?
• Do they accommodate students’ learning needs?
• Will this school prepare me for National Certification and state licensure?
• Will they help me find a job?
Accredited schools care about these questions, too. CFMNH has voluntarily taken steps to assure that we meet standards of educational excellence by going through a process called accreditation. An accredited school is one that meets very specific standards that demonstrates financial stability, hires competent and credentialed faculty, and has an array of services that respond to the learner’s needs.
COMTA is the only accrediting agency focused exclusively on massage therapy and bodywork education. You can be assured that the education you receive from a COMTA accredited school provides quality on all levels. At CFMNH, we are dedicated to providing you with this level of excellence to assure you are most prepared for a successful career when you graduate.
CFMNH is the ONLY massage school in Western North Carolina that is COMTA accredited.
Benefits of receiving an education from a COMTA accredited school:
• Assurance that you have graduated from a school whose accreditation is widely recognized and respected throughout the field of massage and bodywork therapy
• Security that the school and staff are continually accountable to an extremely meticulous and well-intentioned external review organization
• Comfort in knowing that the school has, due to its own ongoing commitment to excellence in massage therapy education, voluntarily chosen to meet COMTA’s standards
• Finding that the school you attend takes responsibility for representing the qualities that will bring you success as a massage therapist: thoughtfully developed and implemented policies, plans, and procedures; an image that is respectable and take seriously in limitless professional arenas; relationships rooted in ethics and integrity; and a dedicated, sincere commitment to constantly developing the profound healing power of touch.
You may contact COMTA directly at:
Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation
5335 Wisconsin Ave., Suite 440
Washington, DC 20015
The Center for Massage & Natural Health is accredited by COMTA (Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation) which is fully approved by the United States Department of Education. Our accreditation made it possible for us to become a Title IV school so that we can now offer Federal Financial Aid, including Pell Grants, to our students.
Because CFMNH's accreditation is approved by the United States Department of Education, you are eligible to take advantage of any available tax credits and/or deductions.
Please visit our Tax Credits, Deductions and Refunds page for more information.
The Center for Massage & Natural Health was the very first school to be fully approved by NC Board, a state agency which regulates schools of massage and bodywork therapy in North Carolina. CFMNH is literally School #1.
This status allows CfMNh graduates to take the National Certification exam, the MBL Ex exam, and to apply for licensure as a massage and bodywork therapist in NC and many other states.
NCBTMB has designated Center for Massage & Natural health as an Approved provider for Continuing education.
Practitioners who are Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork may earn continuing education credits for recertification through all seminars and advanced training programs at CFMNH.
These credits also fulfill the requirements for renewal of NC state licensure, as well as AMTA and ABMP membership.
The Center for Massage & Natural health’s Massage Therapy Certification program is approved by the North Carolina state Approving Agency for the enrollment of persons eligible for education assistance benefits from the Us department of Veterans Affairs.
Please visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to find out more about the GI Bill and the educational benefits you may qualify for. You may be entitled for up to $6,221 towards your tuition.
The Center for Massage & Natural Health is approved through United States Immigrations and Customs Enforcement to enroll non-immigrant international students.
Student Visas-Information for International Students
The Center for Massage & Natural Health is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant international students. If you’re a citizen or permanent resident of another country, you can obtain a student visa and attend our 6-month Massage Therapy Certification Program!
A student visa allows you to enter the U.S. and attend a U.S. Immigration and Customs-approved school. You will need to obtain a non-immigrant M-1 visa to attend our program. Non-immigrant visas are for people with permanent residence outside the U.S. who wish to temporarily live in the U.S. for a specific reason (in this case, for massage school). M-1 visas are for international students in a vocational education program.
Some aspects of our program, especially anatomy and physiology, are academically intense and involve strong and timely vocabulary comprehension. To effectively understand and participate, you will need to be proficient in English. Our admissions process requires documentation of an English as a second language exam (i.e. TOEFL).
Please see our International Students page for complete instructitons on obtaining a Student Visa to attend our massage school.